Monday 21 July 2008

Remake of My Sassy Girl

I just found out that Hollywood has remade the Korean romantic comedy, My Sassy Girl and guess what they called it, yea...exactly My Sassy Girl.

I decided to watch the trailer on YouTube. My first impressions were, the female lead, Kim from 24, does not look as cute as Jeon Ji-Hyun. The male lead, Jesse Bradford, is more good looking than the Korean film male lead, Cha Tae Hyun. All the tricks and stuff in the American version is totally copied. Yep, totally stealing all of it! After seeing the Korean version, this Amercian remake looks boring, the replicated scenes doesn't look good. The whole film just looks like a very bad version of what Hollywood trying to get a slice of some Korean style of romantic comedy. This Hollywood romantic comedy looks crap!

I would highly recommend the original My Sassy Girl. By the way, I don't speak or understand korean, so I just watched the film with English subtitles. Anyway, I won't be watching this American remake.

No comments: