Thursday 7 August 2008

Recent cooking disasters

I haven't had much luck with my cooking recently. Tried to cook that gochujang dish (see earlier posts for receipe) and when I went to put the sugar in, too much sugar fell into the pan. The sugar had all clogged together in lumps and I wanted to spoon it out. Being very impatient, I just shook the jar and next min, a lot of lumps fell out. Anyway, hubby thought it was way too sweet, but I thought it was OK and ediable.

Tonight, I cooked chicken katsu curry. This time I put too much salt in the curry, it was rather salty and I think the curry was too strong. It was dark in colour and not spicy, I used Japanese curry blocks and melt it down with hot water in a pan. Anyway, not good but still ate it.

Seriously need to rethink my cooking technique, recently cooking skills are not up to scratch! I think it because I go on my laptop watching tv whilst Im in the kitchen.

No comments: