Saturday 20 March 2010

Free money and new pastures!

I haven't blogged in a long time so it is time I caught up and get back into blogging!

The past 3 weeks have been a mere for me! 3 weeks ago when everything was calm and I was pondering on where to go on holiday, next min, the project which the team I am in was under the threat of closure. In the space of a week, I had almost lost my job, however, the good thing is...I didn't because I chose to take voluntary redundancy!

The VR package was not fantastic but its much more than if I was made redundancy. In total, I managed to gain quite a few thousand quids from the company. At the end of the day, it was free money!

So what next?! The usual thing happen which is to find another job. The IT job market was really busier than I thought, however so was the IT candidate market! I didn't have any difficulty with getting interviews, some companies were weirder than others and I won't mention any names here!

After over a week of interviews and chatting with job agents, I landed myself with a 'safe' job. I will start this position in over one weeks time. I say 'safe' because its as safe as a job can get I guess. I am now relaxing for another week and catching up with being a better housewife till I go back to a job sitting in front of computers! :)

No comments: