Friday 18 January 2013

Dolly Wink Black Eye Liner review

I have been into eyeliners for some time and generally only use gel liners. One of my favourites was ELF eye liner. It came in a small pot with a brush and after much practice lining my eyes, I felt ready to try and use pen eye liners.

Many people on YouTube have rated the Dolly Wink eye liners and when I went to Japan in Nov, I ensured that I went makeup shopping and this eye liner was top of my list.

The packaging is very girly and pink. It definitely appeals to the more girly audiences. I read that the Dolly Wink brand was started by some Japanese model and it probably the girl on the packaging, I am not entirely sure. You can buy these liquid liners in other colours, I believe in brown also. So I bought both one in each other.


Having never tried using a pen style eyeliner, I was nervous about using this as the point of the liner is very fine. However I found the pen very easy and comfortable to hold. You can get really close to your lash line with the fine tip.

These eye liners are waterproof and smudge proof. I have very watery eyes because I wear contact lenses but this eye liner did not smudge or move at all. One test I did before I actually wore it outside, was just draw a line on my hand and then immediately rub it to see if it needed time to dry. No, it did not, it set straightaway and it was pretty fixed that line. This definitely helped me lining my eyes, because I usually blink a lot and with liners, its strained top of my eye lids by then.

Removing this liner is fairly simple. I use just gentle eye makeup remover and that usually removes all my eye shadow and mascara. Then I use warm water on cotton pads and wipe over my lids and lashes. It is the water that helps remove the liner totally. Amazing! Great buy! Love it!



No comments: