Thursday 4 April 2013

First MAC haul and red lipstick

Recently I went on a MAC Technique Masterclass. After the 2.5 hours of fun with applying makeup, we had time afterwards to have a look around the products and make any purchases.

I have never wore a red lipstick before and during our class, I asked for advise from the MAC artist about which kind of red shade which suit me. Apparently I have a warm undertone and would suit reds which do not have a blue undertone. I was more suited to an orange undertone. This is the lipstick I ended up buying.

I also buying a blush powder which has a more peachy tone.
I heard about the paint pot eye creme colours and hear about how good the pigmentation is, so during my class, I tried a very different paint colour. The paint pot is called Let Me Pop. It is a orange and peach tone which will go very well with brown eyes.
Finally this is the what it how it looks on me, though my eye shadow is difficult to see because of my glasses. I am going to try and take a photo of my eye shadow one day.
I felt that the lipstick is too intense red for me, so I lightened it with a tissue. I think the lipstick is more suited for the evening.

No comments: