Monday 1 April 2013

MAC Technique Masterclass experience

It's been a while since I last blogged and I feel like I would be blogging a lot more because I have quite a few different topics which I want to write about. I have been busy with work lately and stressed out. I hope blogging on different things other than thinking about work will help me relax.

Recently, friends invited me to a MAC Technique Masterclass. This is some company offer from my friend and the cost of it is £50. That's a lot, you might think however £50 is in the form of a gift card which you can spend on MAC products, so really it is not bad! I don't really know how much the class is if you were to book it individually though. I have seen similar offers on the discount group sites, e.g. Groupon, so it is worth checking those offers out.

The MAC makeup classes are held weekday evenings, twice a month. They last for approximately 2.5 hours and then 30 mins to chat or look around the store and purchasing any items.

Three of us joined the class which was based at Spitalfields, London. The store was pretty big and as soon as we walked it, there were a lot of MAC staff roaming around and helping people. We were shown to our seats and told to chill and enjoy. They served us drinks and snacks throughout the evening.

The masterclass were split into 3 sessions, however before the class started, we were introduced to the MAC artist who looked after us and helped us pick out our foundation shades. We were asked what we wanted in a foundation. I wanted a medium coverage, not too dewy and blended well with my natural skin colour. We were all give a small sample pot of foundation and concealer which matched our own skin tone. These sample pots were needed for the makeup sessions we were about to do.

There were two models and two different makeup artists at the front of the class doing the demonstrations. One model had fair light skin tone and the other had dark skin. The sessions were grouped into base makeup, eyes and then contouring and blush.

We were talked through how to apply the base, by introducing to us some primers, foundations and concealer. They talked about technique on how to apply the base coat on the face. We were given time in between the session demos to apply the same on our own faces.

Here is a pic of my makeup station.
During our hands-on sessions, we were able to consult with our MAC artist on ideas, thoughts and questions. They were very friendly and helpful. If there were products which we did not have infront of us, they will go and find one which we can use and try out.

The atmosphere was fun and friendly and I think some enjoyed it more than others. There were around 10 of us in this class and roughly the same number of MAC artists. They all were very friendly and helpful. We did not feel any pressure with buying their MAC products at all during the evening.

Here is the list of makeup products I used in the my class.

Mineralise Charged Water - this is to prep and moisturise the face, it felt so refreshing.
Studio Fix NW18 liquid foundation
Prolong wear concealer NW20
Eye brow self sharpening crayon in Spiked.
Paint Pot in Let Me Pop - lovely peachy creamy eye shadow.
Eye shadow in Honesty
Fluidline in black track
Extended Play in Gigablack mascara - nice small brush
Blush in Gingerly
Lustre Lipstick in Cockney

What I learnt that evening?! I think most of things that were said, I have heard before either from YouTube MUA videos or read it somewhere. However I have never had much experience with MAC makeup before so it was an eye opener seeing their products and how they vary. I really enjoyed the evening and time just flew by so quickly. I did buy a few products that evening, which I feel that I am no longer a MAC virgin!



No comments: